Packaging for the Amplifi is quite nice. They put together an entire presentation as you unbox this unit; I always enjoy seeing the attention to detail. The front of the box has an image of all three devices.
On the back side, we find model comparisons and a touch of marketing information.
Pulling the sleeve off reveals the inner box, stamped with the Ubiquiti logo.
Opening the box, we have everything laid out in dense foam. To each side, we have the mesh points, the center housing the base, and below we have the cables.
Getting right into things, we have the base station with its touchscreen.
On the back the I/O connections have the four gigabit LAN ports grouped together and the WAN to the right and the power connection using what looks like USB-C.
The mesh points use a lower half power inverter that magnetically attaches to the top. There are five LEDs on the front that indicate signal strength and can be rotated to adjust signal.
Above, I have set up the base and as you can see the screen is quite vibrant and the LED that fills the base of the unit adds to the aesthetic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Wireless Range & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications