Packaging for the Amplifi is quite nice. They put together an entire presentation as you unbox this unit; I always enjoy seeing the attention to detail. The front of the box has an image of all three devices.
On the back side, we find model comparisons and a touch of marketing information.
Pulling the sleeve off reveals the inner box, stamped with the Ubiquiti logo.
Opening the box, we have everything laid out in dense foam. To each side, we have the mesh points, the center housing the base, and below we have the cables.
Getting right into things, we have the base station with its touchscreen.
On the back the I/O connections have the four gigabit LAN ports grouped together and the WAN to the right and the power connection using what looks like USB-C.
The mesh points use a lower half power inverter that magnetically attaches to the top. There are five LEDs on the front that indicate signal strength and can be rotated to adjust signal.
Above, I have set up the base and as you can see the screen is quite vibrant and the LED that fills the base of the unit adds to the aesthetic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Wireless Range & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- Get this $100 programmable gaming keyboard for just $55
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now