Packaging for the Amplifi is quite nice. They put together an entire presentation as you unbox this unit; I always enjoy seeing the attention to detail. The front of the box has an image of all three devices.
On the back side, we find model comparisons and a touch of marketing information.
Pulling the sleeve off reveals the inner box, stamped with the Ubiquiti logo.
Opening the box, we have everything laid out in dense foam. To each side, we have the mesh points, the center housing the base, and below we have the cables.
Getting right into things, we have the base station with its touchscreen.
On the back the I/O connections have the four gigabit LAN ports grouped together and the WAN to the right and the power connection using what looks like USB-C.
The mesh points use a lower half power inverter that magnetically attaches to the top. There are five LEDs on the front that indicate signal strength and can be rotated to adjust signal.
Above, I have set up the base and as you can see the screen is quite vibrant and the LED that fills the base of the unit adds to the aesthetic.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Wireless Range & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club