Inside the Carbide Air 740 Continued
The back of the chassis is where we find the third and last fan included in the chassis, all of which are powered via 3-pin fan plugs. We can also see that the ventilated expansion slots are held in place with thumbscrews to easy mounting video cards.
The right side chamber more closed off by components, but that is the whole idea of dual compartment designs. You can hide wiring back here, all of the drives are installed here, the PSU goes on this side, and you can even hide a pump and reservoir, and run tubing through the grommets to access the blocks.
We took the hardware box out of the drive tray, but these are the three 3.5" drive bays, mounted vertically. To remove this rack for wiring or lack of use, one screw is found on the rack, and five screws through the motherboard tray hold this in place.
At the back, just above the PSU, we find a snap-together rack system for the 2.5" drives. You can move the tab along the back and remove all four drives. However, each tray clips on top of the next one, so you can use only what you need of the four as well.
The bottom right corner of this compartment is used to install the power supply. There are four rubber pads to support the side of the PSU, allowing the fan to face out, and use the ventilation through the side panel. There is also a lock which keeps the PSU more secure, found on the front support rail.
The wiring is black from stem to stern and is all contained on the right side of the chassis interior. There are wires for the power LED, power switch, reset switch, and rather than an HDD activity wire, there is a 2-pin connection marked LED switch with no place to connect it currently. The HD Audio cable is long and will reach anywhere it needs to go. The USB 3.0 cable is shorter, but is still able to reach the bottom of motherboards with ease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017