Inside the Carbide Air 740 Continued
The back of the chassis is where we find the third and last fan included in the chassis, all of which are powered via 3-pin fan plugs. We can also see that the ventilated expansion slots are held in place with thumbscrews to easy mounting video cards.
The right side chamber more closed off by components, but that is the whole idea of dual compartment designs. You can hide wiring back here, all of the drives are installed here, the PSU goes on this side, and you can even hide a pump and reservoir, and run tubing through the grommets to access the blocks.
We took the hardware box out of the drive tray, but these are the three 3.5" drive bays, mounted vertically. To remove this rack for wiring or lack of use, one screw is found on the rack, and five screws through the motherboard tray hold this in place.
At the back, just above the PSU, we find a snap-together rack system for the 2.5" drives. You can move the tab along the back and remove all four drives. However, each tray clips on top of the next one, so you can use only what you need of the four as well.
The bottom right corner of this compartment is used to install the power supply. There are four rubber pads to support the side of the PSU, allowing the fan to face out, and use the ventilation through the side panel. There is also a lock which keeps the PSU more secure, found on the front support rail.
The wiring is black from stem to stern and is all contained on the right side of the chassis interior. There are wires for the power LED, power switch, reset switch, and rather than an HDD activity wire, there is a 2-pin connection marked LED switch with no place to connect it currently. The HD Audio cable is long and will reach anywhere it needs to go. The USB 3.0 cable is shorter, but is still able to reach the bottom of motherboards with ease.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now