Opting to place the Air 740 in a plain cardboard box with black printing on it, Corsair can put your money into the chassis and not the packaging. A rendering of the chassis is found under the Corsair name, and to the right, we find features listed under the product name, which is repeated along the bottom in many languages.
Next to the company and product naming, we find a sticker denoting two things. First of all, we can see that the chassis color inside of the box is black, and it also denoted that there is a window on the left side of this chassis. The midsection of the panel offers specifications charts, while the bottom is used to present three different views of the Air 740.
The large rendering, slightly covered with a pair of shipping stickers, is an exploded view of the chassis. This explains where everything is, and what components of the chassis can be removed. The bottom is used to talk about the Outstanding Cooling, the Quieter Operation, the Built for Builders mentality of the design, as well as the Clever Space-saving Design.
This side of the packaging mimics what we saw on the other side, most notably, the English specifications chart can be found on this side. As for the renderings along the bottom, they two are the same and show the dimensions as well.
On both sides of the polycarbonate side panel, Corsair has placed plastic to cling to the window, ensuring nothing happens to that during transit. A few bits of tape on a magnetic dust filter and along the right front edge helps to keep parts in place, and the entire chassis is wrapped in a black cloth bag. The last step to protect the chassis is the use of thick Styrofoam end caps, to take on the bigger bumps and drops heavy cases get in transit.
While the box and packaging look outstanding, we did notice a little bit of damage to this early release sample and surmised it to have happened before the chassis was even packaged. Such things can happen in the rush to meet a deadline; Corsair tends to have good quality control with their cases on the retail end, so we are not too worried about it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD