Case Build & Finished Product
While there is a spot at the top for a fan controller, which could break up the styling, we opted to leave it empty. It is well known that we like cases that keep their initial styling, and with the MasterCase Pro 3, this is, of course, possible to have.
Not one part of the installation had any issues for us. The motherboard uses a pair of helper standoffs to ease mounting, and the video card lined right up, but we did have to flex the back of the chassis just slightly to screw it into place. The AIO and the SSD went right in without issue, and we still have plenty of room to add in more water cooling, even with the Micro-ATX motherboard being used.
Testing the dust shield fitment had us pressing a bit to lock it in, but once in place, there is no way for it to come easily lose or make any noises. The video card hangs straight across the back, and we also found no difficulty when it came to sliding the PSU in at the bottom, or getting it or the plate mounted again.
Since the entire bottom of the chassis is open, the wiring flows from the I/O panel, down through the straps, and gently curve at the bottom. They do offer a few points to tie in the 8-pin EPS cable to the right, and we also found room to tie up the AIO fan wiring at the top. Even adding the 24-pin to the straps caused us no problem replacing the door, or holding it securely to the tray.
At this point, we have the MasterCase Pro 3 and all of our components closed up and ready for testing. One thing we do want to point out, though, is that now we can see it, notice the bottom section of the side window is blacked out. This way, you get the look of a huge window, but no view of a wiring mess or the HDD rack below the false floor.
Once we powered things up, the LEDs on the head unit and the video card are easily seen, as is the rest of the hardware in play above the mid-plate. There is a soft white glow to the power button, and an occasional flicker of the blue HDD activity LED, but neither are bright enough to cause a problem.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017