Hardware & Documentation
There is a lot offered when it comes to screws and such. The issue is that while the parts are labeled in the manual, they do not state what they are for. We assume the thumbscrews are to lock the HDD trays in place, the standoffs and socket are for the motherboard mounting, there is a Kensington lock loop and screw, and there are eight motherboard screws. In the second row, we think the small screws are for the 5.25" brackets, and screws to mount the controller in this bay. The long 6/32 screws are a bit of a mystery, but we know where the fan and PSU screws need to be used. At the bottom, we find some SSD mounting screws, and self-tapping screws, to lock in the front or top panels.
This pair of black metal brackets is what you will need to use if you plan on using a fan controller or card reader at the top of the chassis. The side nearest in the image mounts into the front of the chassis and the pair of holes at the back are used to mount the device.
The box of hardware is also sure to include ten wire ties to help manage things behind the motherboard tray. What we were not expecting was to find a pair of 4-pin Molex to 3-pin fan adapters. This way the pair of 3-pin fans can be run at 12V from the PSU, and not needing to take up headers on the motherboard for power.
The user manual supplied by Cooler Master unfolds into a long strip of information. Each panel uses great illustrations and uses minimal text due to the illustrations being so on point. The main issue we found in the manual, is that for the novice builder, the hardware description was lacking, and they are not noted in the steps as to which screws should be used. Cooler Master also sends along the literature covering the two-year warranty. It is here in which you find who to contact, and what reasons are valid for an RMA acceptance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design