Hardware & Documentation
There is a lot offered when it comes to screws and such. The issue is that while the parts are labeled in the manual, they do not state what they are for. We assume the thumbscrews are to lock the HDD trays in place, the standoffs and socket are for the motherboard mounting, there is a Kensington lock loop and screw, and there are eight motherboard screws. In the second row, we think the small screws are for the 5.25" brackets, and screws to mount the controller in this bay. The long 6/32 screws are a bit of a mystery, but we know where the fan and PSU screws need to be used. At the bottom, we find some SSD mounting screws, and self-tapping screws, to lock in the front or top panels.
This pair of black metal brackets is what you will need to use if you plan on using a fan controller or card reader at the top of the chassis. The side nearest in the image mounts into the front of the chassis and the pair of holes at the back are used to mount the device.
The box of hardware is also sure to include ten wire ties to help manage things behind the motherboard tray. What we were not expecting was to find a pair of 4-pin Molex to 3-pin fan adapters. This way the pair of 3-pin fans can be run at 12V from the PSU, and not needing to take up headers on the motherboard for power.
The user manual supplied by Cooler Master unfolds into a long strip of information. Each panel uses great illustrations and uses minimal text due to the illustrations being so on point. The main issue we found in the manual, is that for the novice builder, the hardware description was lacking, and they are not noted in the steps as to which screws should be used. Cooler Master also sends along the literature covering the two-year warranty. It is here in which you find who to contact, and what reasons are valid for an RMA acceptance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4