Physical Overview Continued
The ventilated back panel piece can be removed to upgrade the unit. You can add in DRAM, another M.2 SSD, a 2.5" SSD, a WIFI card, and even a SIM card. Our device didn't come with an ODD. Instead, a dummy insert fills its spot.
There are two of these keyboard drains that make the keyboard virtually spill proof since the liquid will flow down these holes instead of into the circuits. The notebook is built to withstand certain MIL specs, but it's not as durable as a rugged notebook. There is a docking connector for the Lenovo dock.
The battery can be removed after unlocking a lock tab. The battery is rated 6.4Ah and 96Wh, so don't expect to go all day on just the battery.
You can add in a second M.2 drive as well as a second WIFI M.2 card. The antennas and SIM card for the WWAN are installed, but as of this time, it doesn't work on our unit.
I did double check with Lenovo to make sure that the WWAN hardware was present, but doesn't work, and they confirmed this to be true. At this time, I wouldn't expect WWAN out of this model. There is also a bay for a 2.5" SSD or HDD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV is the new Skyrim
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience