Physical Overview Continued
The ventilated back panel piece can be removed to upgrade the unit. You can add in DRAM, another M.2 SSD, a 2.5" SSD, a WIFI card, and even a SIM card. Our device didn't come with an ODD. Instead, a dummy insert fills its spot.
There are two of these keyboard drains that make the keyboard virtually spill proof since the liquid will flow down these holes instead of into the circuits. The notebook is built to withstand certain MIL specs, but it's not as durable as a rugged notebook. There is a docking connector for the Lenovo dock.
The battery can be removed after unlocking a lock tab. The battery is rated 6.4Ah and 96Wh, so don't expect to go all day on just the battery.
You can add in a second M.2 drive as well as a second WIFI M.2 card. The antennas and SIM card for the WWAN are installed, but as of this time, it doesn't work on our unit.
I did double check with Lenovo to make sure that the WWAN hardware was present, but doesn't work, and they confirmed this to be true. At this time, I wouldn't expect WWAN out of this model. There is also a bay for a 2.5" SSD or HDD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design