Physical Overview Continued
The ventilated back panel piece can be removed to upgrade the unit. You can add in DRAM, another M.2 SSD, a 2.5" SSD, a WIFI card, and even a SIM card. Our device didn't come with an ODD. Instead, a dummy insert fills its spot.
There are two of these keyboard drains that make the keyboard virtually spill proof since the liquid will flow down these holes instead of into the circuits. The notebook is built to withstand certain MIL specs, but it's not as durable as a rugged notebook. There is a docking connector for the Lenovo dock.
The battery can be removed after unlocking a lock tab. The battery is rated 6.4Ah and 96Wh, so don't expect to go all day on just the battery.
You can add in a second M.2 drive as well as a second WIFI M.2 card. The antennas and SIM card for the WWAN are installed, but as of this time, it doesn't work on our unit.
I did double check with Lenovo to make sure that the WWAN hardware was present, but doesn't work, and they confirmed this to be true. At this time, I wouldn't expect WWAN out of this model. There is also a bay for a 2.5" SSD or HDD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Assassin's Creed may use PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio
- Nintendo NX might cost $350
- Pottermore website can generate Patronus via online test
- You can now play Nintendo 64 games on Xbox One
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now