So you have looked over all the benchmarks and you are thinking these are the same as the reference cards and one question comes to mind. "Why would I buy them if they perform the same?" The answer is simple; you can't buy the reference cards. Gigabyte have simply added their own touch to the heatsink, found some games that most people will probably never play, place them into a nice box and whacked a price tag on them - which are all things that the reference cards will never offer.
This doesn't make Gigabyte offering not worth looking at as pre-overclocked cards come with a higher premium that some people can't justify and people who have been using Gigabyte products previously are going to feel more comfortable going with a brand that they know and trust .because if you have a Gigabyte motherboard, why not have Gigabyte graphics cards?
The 7800 GTX is the "in" graphics card at the moment and thanks to ATI being at least two months away, they are going to be the "in" thing for quite a while because as most people know graphics cards move in six month periods and with nVidia having two months on ATI they are going to be 1/3 closer to their next generation line up of cards one would assume.
Pricing does seem to be pretty rock solid at the $599 USD (around $785 AUD) mark with cards like BFG costing roughly $20 USD more so at the moment. What brand people buy is going to be more what they are comfortable with as opposed to what is cheaper and we can say Gigabyte haven't steered us wrong in the past so don't be surprised if you fall for the eye candy box at your local computer store.
- Where to buy it
Great looking box
All the performance you would want from a graphics card
Excellent price for a new card of this performance
SLI is an absolute weapon
Light package for a card of this cost
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 2 [Gigabyte Retail Offering]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & 3DMark Series]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent