Gigabyte's Retail Package
When writing part one of our G70 coverage last week in regard to the 7800 GTX and what nVidia's partners were offering, out of the collection of boxes we saw the Gigabyte offering, which was one of my personal favorites.
Once the boxes came to us they did not disappoint and on a store shelf they would look great. You can see that Gigabyte have moved away from your conventional landscape box and used a portrait design this time around. The front of the box gives us all our regular information of what is on offer from the Gigabyte 7800 GTX.
We can see that we have PCI Express, VIVO, HDTV, 256MB of DDR3 memory and a software bundle that weighs in at roughly $190.
In the package we receive our normal manual along with a PCI E power adapter, DVI to VGA connector and a little black box which takes care of the HDTV/VIVO features of the card in an all in one package which is great.
When it comes to the CD bundle we have included our normal driver CD along with PowerDirector and two games - Xpand Rally and Joint Operations. The bundle isn't all that exciting for the cost that the card but like we have said so many times before, people would rather save $50 then get a whole lot of useless games they will never play... and to be honest who isn't playing Battlefield 2 at the moment?
Good things come in pairs and that theory is spot on when it comes to SLI. When you compare the Gigabyte 7800 GTX to the reference cards we looked at there are really only two noticeable differences.
The first is the big black chip above the black heatsink and capacitor is a different color. On our reference cards it is a more of a grey color and secondly we have Gigabyte etched across the heatsink.
The card doesn't have to look totally different from nVidia's reference to be good though as nVidia's reference card isn't available to the retail market and most of the time what differs amongst the brands isn't much more then their package and price.
Like the reference cards, we have Dual DVI on offer so anyone wanting to get some dual DVI LCD action happening on their desktop should be looking forward to taking advantage of this feature.
Gigabyte hasn't done anything with the core/memory speed of the cards so we are looking at reference speeds of 430MHz on the core and 1300MHz on the 256MB DDR3 memory.
How much does it cost me?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 2 [Gigabyte Retail Offering]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & 3DMark Series]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Gigabyte 7800 GTX - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20