This board is much more interesting without its heat sinks.
We all know that Skylake doesn't use much power, even when overclocked, and it turns out that motherboard manufacturers have taken note. The VRM on the Z170X-Ultra Gaming is a 4+3 phase VRM and uses custom branded Power inductors and 10K black polymer solid capacitors.
The Intersil ISL95856 is a 4+3 phase hybrid PWM with two integrated drivers on the four phase rail and a single driver integrated for the three phase rail. Four Intersil ISL6625A drivers are used, two for the iGPU phases and two for the VCore phases. The motherboard uses Vishay SiRA12 and SiRA18 for the high-side and low-side PowerPAK MOSFETs. Overall, this VRM is probably the minimum you want for overclocking. The VCCIO, VCCSA, and other rails for overclocking come from a linear regulator circuit and a few LDOs.
The memory VRM uses a Richtek RT8120D single phase integrated PWM with drivers and uses three SiRA12 PowerPAK MOSFETs (two for the low-side and one high-side).
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard retails for $170 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Motherboard retails for £167 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Ultra Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse