Starting off with LAN performance, the ACS produced 943 Mbps.
WAN to LAN came in at 950.4 Mbps, slightly better than the AC model from a few years ago.
In 2.4GHz testing, the ACS showed solid performance between 20MHz mode and Automatic mode. With 20MHz, I was able to get 112 Mbps out of it while leaving it on auto garnered 134 Mbps.
5GHz throughput came in at 142 Mbps at 20MHz, followed by 267.3 Mbps for the 40MHz band. 80MHz topped out at 484 Mbps, the quickest I have seen for an AC1900 solution.
Over the last few months, I have been testing different solutions that would give a visual on wireless router range. While this solution isn't perfect, it is one where you can compare for yourself if you have an Android device.
From left to right, I start at the router with a solid 100% connection. I'm within a few feet at this point and moving out I go to a room about fifteen feet to the left of the router in the next image. At this point, we move about 10 feet forward for the third image above where we get 92 and 100%. Stepping out through the laundry room, performance dives slightly to 68 and 70% and out into the garage which is about 60 ft. from the router we have a 54 and 62% connection.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart Wireless Router retails for $180 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart Wireless Router retails for £169 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Router Storage Testing & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel