Benchmarks – Sequential Workloads
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Sequential read performance allowed the RN214 to compete and even outperform the latest appliances on the market. RAID 0 came in at 117 MB/s while RAID 5 touched 110 MB/s.
Sequential write too was good with 115 MB/s in RAID 0 and 108 MB/s for RAID 5 and 10.
Benchmarks – SMB Workloads
SMB workloads were a bit harder for the RN214. Database proved to be the best situation reaching close to 900 IOPS while the others were quite consistent between 400 and 600 IOPS.
Over to RAID 5 performance did tick up a notch as we have 950 IOPS in Database followed by 800 IOPS in File Server. The last three tests all stuck around 600 IOPS.
In our last test with RAID 10, Database was once again the top performer very near to 1000 IOPS. This was followed by 625 IOPS in File Server and a pretty consistent 500 IOPS with the last three tests.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear ReadyNAS 214 Four-Bay Consumer NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Netgear ReadyNAS 214 Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for $500 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Netgear ReadyNAS 214 Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for £315 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now