File Transfer Speeds
For our router file performance testing, I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB Flash Drive formatted in the FAT32 or NTFS filesystems. I then use NAS Tester 1.7 with a 1000 MB file size and loop it five times with an average result being charted.
Starting off with read performance, the EA9500 impressed as it was able to bring in 88.3 MB/s the highest since we tested the 827DRU from TRENDnet. Write performance didn't lag too far behind the R8500 as the Linksys device was able to bring in 71 MB/s.
It's hard to deny the Linksys EA9500 is one of the best routers on the market. It topped our charts in everything from LAN to LAN throughput, through 2.4GHz and 5GHz performance, and even into storage performance. This solution is one of the first when paired with a MAX-Stream extender like the RE7000 to offer seamless roaming and it is the first Broadcom AC5300+ class solution to have working MU-MIMO out of the box. Build quality follows the lines of other "EA" solutions although it is much bigger and heavier, solid nonetheless.
Talking a little more about performance, this solution was able to bring in 952 Mbps in LAN throughput which was followed by a favorable showing in 2.4GHz performance at 247 Mbps and a very nice 446 Mbps on the 5GHz band. MU-MIMO showed solid performance for three devices hovering around 100 Mbps each and rounding this out was storage performance which reached 88 MB/s read.
The web management is quite solid on the EA9500 as it has been extensively tested over the last few years in many Linksys models. On the flip side, the Linksys EA9500 does command a high price with its MSRP at $429.99, but if you own a very large home or just want to make sure your network stays in overkill mode for years to come, this could very well be the router for you.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||90%|
|Bundle and Packaging||85%|
|Value for Money||89%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: Not to repeat myself, but the Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 wireless router may be big and expensive, but it can handle whatever you throw at it with ease.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router retails for $350 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router retails for £320 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired and Wireless Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Router Storage Testing & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now