At this point, there aren't many AC5300 or AC5400 solution on the market. In fact, Netgear and Linksys are the solutions I have had in the lab. With this said, the charts will include AC2600 solutions along with the Netgear X8. The EA9500 LAN to LAN throughput topped out at 952 Mbps top marks for this test, done only once before with the 890L from D-Link.
WAN to LAN topped out at 916 Mbps, which seems to be average for all solutions in the chart above.
In 2.4GHz testing, the EA9500 was quite impressive pushing some of the highest numbers I have seen. 20Mhz came in at 124 Mbps while 40MHz topped 247 Mbps.
5GHz throughput started out at 142 Mbps for the 20 while the 40 reached 267 Mbps and a solid 446 Mbps for the 80MHz band.
In addition to the normal testing I do, Linksys sent over four of their new WUSB6100M adapters. I put these to use over two different test machines to test the MU-MIMO of the EA9500. In this first test, you can see I have three devices hovering around 100 Mbps for the entire duration of the test.
Adding a fourth device to the MU-MIMO testing, you can see the original three hover between 50 and 75 Mbps while another is off in the distance at 235 Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router retails for $350 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router retails for £320 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired and Wireless Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Router Storage Testing & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XIV free trial now has unlimited time
- SpaceX to launch first-ever used rocket to space
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design