Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Compressible sequential read/write transfers max out at 565/538 MB/s. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. Maximum sequential read performance is achieved at a 512KB transfer size, maximum sequential write performance also at 512KB transfers.
Overall, the BP5e M.2 delivers the best performance, slightly better than the cased BP5e 480GB. The BX200 and SP550 display choppy write performance due to their SM2256 controllers.
Again, the M.2 BP5e delivers the best performance of the drives in our test pool. We note the M.2 BP5e delivers better small file performance than the cased model.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. MDD's BP5e M.2 scores well over 5000 which is always a good indication that a drive is capable of delivering top-notch everyday performance. The M.2 BP5e manages to outscore the cased model. All of the S10-powered drives except the TRION 100 score over 5000. The SM2256 powered SSDs (SP550 & BX200) are clearly overmatched in this test.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The M.2 BP5e and the cased model both deliver similar performance up to QD16. The cased model wins out at QD32. Both versions outperform the field.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
The BP5e's deliver the best QD1 performance of the bunch. ADATA's SP550 takes the lead at QD2 but quickly drops away from the S10-powered BP5e's and OCZ's TRION 150 at higher queue depths. OCZ's TRION 150 delivers the best overall performance.
PRICING: You can find the MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - Max IOPS, Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017