To begin with, let me refresh your memory just a bit. As I delved into the case in its original state, I had noted that all the blowholes were laser cut. This was a much neater method of forming the holes, and also did away with those unsightly jagged edges that can occur when drilling. It also made sure that all the holes were properly aligned so that the fans didn't look uneven.
Now, lets take that same technology and create a window in the side of the case panel. That's right the side panel has been laser cut as well. Smooth edges, no jaggies, and a very professional look all around. It also maintains the same positions for the twin 92mm fans. When tested, this caused the temperatures inside the case to be the same as they were in the unaltered form.
For securing the window, eight hex-headed screws were used along with a set of four plastic shims. The screws did a thorough job of holding the window firmly in place, and the shims made sure that there was a nice tight fit to the panel side. This makes for a good seal that won't let all your airflow escape from the case without doing its cooling job.
The inside of the panel looks just as professionally done as the front. Even though it won't be seen, that doesn't mean that it should be neglected. This is also where you get to appreciate the smooth cutting details of the laser process. Even when I ran my finger straight on the cut, I noticed no sharp edges that might cut me.
Installing the new windowed panel was as easy as removing the two fans and shims from the original cover and screwing them into the pre-cut holes of the plastic. Nothing could be simpler. Wouldn't it be nice if all modifications were this easy?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's new Prime Air drones deliver packages in 30 minutes or less
- Star Wars Battlefront weekend PC players doubled by Team Fortress 2
- University of California develops valuable injury training simulation
- VTech hacked and 4.8 million accounts compromised, links to children
- 4K TV show tormenting is now a reality
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis