To begin with, let me refresh your memory just a bit. As I delved into the case in its original state, I had noted that all the blowholes were laser cut. This was a much neater method of forming the holes, and also did away with those unsightly jagged edges that can occur when drilling. It also made sure that all the holes were properly aligned so that the fans didn't look uneven.
Now, lets take that same technology and create a window in the side of the case panel. That's right the side panel has been laser cut as well. Smooth edges, no jaggies, and a very professional look all around. It also maintains the same positions for the twin 92mm fans. When tested, this caused the temperatures inside the case to be the same as they were in the unaltered form.
For securing the window, eight hex-headed screws were used along with a set of four plastic shims. The screws did a thorough job of holding the window firmly in place, and the shims made sure that there was a nice tight fit to the panel side. This makes for a good seal that won't let all your airflow escape from the case without doing its cooling job.
The inside of the panel looks just as professionally done as the front. Even though it won't be seen, that doesn't mean that it should be neglected. This is also where you get to appreciate the smooth cutting details of the laser process. Even when I ran my finger straight on the cut, I noticed no sharp edges that might cut me.
Installing the new windowed panel was as easy as removing the two fans and shims from the original cover and screwing them into the pre-cut holes of the plastic. Nothing could be simpler. Wouldn't it be nice if all modifications were this easy?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Ubisoft promises Rainbow Six: Siege will be fixed before it launches
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis