Alphacool Eisbaer 240 CPU - Black CPU Cooler
Starting with the left side of the head unit, we wanted to point out a few things straight away. Just above the copper plate at the bottom is a groove in the black plastic portion, and this is designed to be used with the mounting hardware. We also see that each side of the head unit is flat, but the sides have been angled to add a bit more style to an otherwise, almost perfect cube.
What we will call the top edge of the head unit, offers a large window made of an amber colored plastic. This allows a view of internal components, but its main purpose is to act as a sight glass for the coolant level in the Eisbaer. If you do add components or tubing, this is a very handy feature.
Along with a pair of G1/4 compression fittings used to secure the 11mm/8mm tubing, the top of the head unit offers a fill port as well. While we advise filling this without the motherboard involved, since the cap is G1/4 threaded, you could add in a fill tube setup to minimize spillage.
As the unit is designed, this is the view most will have of the Eisbaer head unit once it is installed. There is an OCOOL logo made of blue plastic, and it along with that side window, are backlit with a white LED. The last thing to mention here is that just below the right fitting, there is a braided lead for the 3-pin connection that powers the pump inside.
Alphacool does protect the base with a clear plastic sticker. It offers a warning message, so users are sure to remove it before installation, but we also see debris and dust trapped below it. It is easy enough to clean the debris off the plate, but it is possible to do this without the trapped bits in the first place.
The convex copper base is polished to a shine, but at the same time, it is easy to see the grooves left in the base from machining. Using copper screws eliminated corrosion, but we do see remnants of coolant on the base, which also should be removed before use.
Between the head unit and the radiator, Alphacool installs 12.5 inches of black tubing, which is then protected with the black anti-kink coil. The quick disconnect on the cold line is color coded to let you know the flow is cold going to the head unit. As for the pump power lead, it measures in at 9.5 inches in length.
As the tubing terminates on the radiator, we find the second pair of compression fittings. The fitting on the left may not look as nice as the fitting on the right, but it is tight enough to be leak free. The nice thing about this kit is that it is an open loop, and something like this can be easily addressed.
As for the copper radiator that comes with the Eisbaer system, in this instance, we have the 240mm radiator. It is 30mm in thickness, and there are only 14 fins per inch between the tubes. This reduces the need for super strong and usually very loud fans to cool it effectively.
To match the head unit of this AIO, Alphacool also offers an OCOOL logo on the radiator. This can be found on both sides of the radiator, but unlike the head unit, this is painted on, and will not light up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alphacool Eisbaer 240 CPU - Black CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni