The box isn't too fancy but does feature a picture of the notebook. The notebook is secured by two large foam pieces, and there are two smaller boxes which hold accessories and manuals.
Accessories include AC/DC power supply and cables, ODD bay dummy/holder, manuals, and DVDs with software and drivers.
The ODD Blu-ray drive can be replaced by an ODD bay insert, which can be populated with a 2.5" SATA SSD or HDD for extra storage. The power adapter is a beast at 200W (19.5v @10.3A).
The top of the unit is constructed with a single piece of black anodized aluminum. It is very sleek and smooth, but vulnerable to scratches and fingerprints, so you should get a soft cover protective sleeve for the device. The bottom of the device features four rubber feet and a series of air intake vents to feed clean, cool fresh air to the dual blower fans.
The front of the device is where the Blu-ray drive and two speakers are located. The rear features dual slotted exhausts; it's a style I have come to like because it resembles the exhaust of a sports car. On the right side of the device, there is a 19v DC jack, D-SUB (VGA), HDMI 2.0 w/HDCP, USB 3.1 type-C, fast charge USB 3.0 port, and mini DisplayPort. On the left side, there is a Kensington lock slot, RJ-45 LAN, two USB 3.0 ports, SD card slot, headphone jack, and microphone jack.
The notebook has an amazing 4K Ultra HD screen, and it's also an IPS monitor, so it can be viewed from multiple angles. The brightness and overall colors are brilliant, and the screen does not have a glossy finish, so there is no glare.
The camera module is centered on the screen next to a light sensor; there are also two microphones on either side of the camera. As you can see, the picture quality is decent for the web.
The keyboard is full-size and backlit. The keys are "scissor-based" and the macro hub uses a rubber dome design. GIGABYTE claims the switches offer better key traveling and feedback. GIGABYTE includes software for programming the Macro keys.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE P37X V5 Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE P37X V5 Gaming Notebook retails for $1989 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE P37X V5 Gaming Notebook retails for £1499 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4