Steven's Motherboard Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6950X
- Cooler: Corsair H115i GT - Buy from Amazon
- Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x8GB) 3200MHz - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - SATA6G Drive: Corsair Force LS 240GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - M.2 Drive: Samsung XP941 256GB - Buy from Amazon
- Storage - USB Drive: Corsair Voyager GS 64GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
- BIOS: F2
- Drivers: Intel INF: 10.1.2.19, Intel ME: 10.0.1.1000, Intel LAN: 20.7, Bigfoot LAN: 188.8.131.526, NVIDIA Graphics: 353.82, Audio: V4.39
The red RGB LEDs come through orange in this image, but in real life they look very red. You can, of course, change the color to your liking or just turn all the LEDs off. GIGABYTE's latest BIOS fixes some issues where the PCI-E and VRM LEDs were turned off, I prefer them off since they aren't being diffused.
The new test bench is designed to test every aspect of the motherboard and IO. I have designed it so that the motherboard sits in a case and is cooled by fans always on at a constant rate to keep the conditions similar during all tests. I have cut out part of the case behind the motherboard so I can get thermal images of the back of the PCB where the VRM heat spreads. System and CPU power measurements are now digitally logged.
I am also using a Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 for our network (including wireless AC) tests. The latest M.2, SSD, and USB technologies are also being utilized to test the maximum potential of the motherboards that are tested.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $280 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £280 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-Ultra Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99-Ultra Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99