The HEX 2.0 comes in a very thick, glossy, cardboard box, which does give you a feeling that you are about to open something special. On this panel, there is the naming off to the left and your first look at the cooler that is included in the box.
As we move to the next panel, at the top, it makes mention of the Thermoelectric component. The bulk of the panel addresses the features, where we see mentions of the exceptional heat control, custom LED lighting, a one-year warranty, ease of installation, the fact that there is no water to leak, and that you can control and monitor this cooler via software.
This side matches what we saw in the first image, but this gives us time to address other things. First of all, there is a ghosted rendering of the cooler found under the naming near the top. The second is that that is duplicated on the inner packaging, which can be seen near the bottom; and that green is a real eye grabbing color to use.
The last panel offers the logo that both Phononic and Silvercore use in their naming in the middle of it all. Below that, we find the tagline "Quietly Outperforms" and the site address to read up on the cooler or to find support.
Inside of the lower part of the box, we find everything packed safely for travel. The hardware and accessories are kept at one end, and cannot move around, while the paperwork is shoved down the side of the coolers packaging. The cooler is resting in a cardboard form that surrounds the fins and protects them, while a layer of plastic is stretched over the cooler to keep it tightly in place. As for our sample, it is in perfect condition, and ready for images and testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset