The HEX 2.0 comes in a very thick, glossy, cardboard box, which does give you a feeling that you are about to open something special. On this panel, there is the naming off to the left and your first look at the cooler that is included in the box.
As we move to the next panel, at the top, it makes mention of the Thermoelectric component. The bulk of the panel addresses the features, where we see mentions of the exceptional heat control, custom LED lighting, a one-year warranty, ease of installation, the fact that there is no water to leak, and that you can control and monitor this cooler via software.
This side matches what we saw in the first image, but this gives us time to address other things. First of all, there is a ghosted rendering of the cooler found under the naming near the top. The second is that that is duplicated on the inner packaging, which can be seen near the bottom; and that green is a real eye grabbing color to use.
The last panel offers the logo that both Phononic and Silvercore use in their naming in the middle of it all. Below that, we find the tagline "Quietly Outperforms" and the site address to read up on the cooler or to find support.
Inside of the lower part of the box, we find everything packed safely for travel. The hardware and accessories are kept at one end, and cannot move around, while the paperwork is shoved down the side of the coolers packaging. The cooler is resting in a cardboard form that surrounds the fins and protects them, while a layer of plastic is stretched over the cooler to keep it tightly in place. As for our sample, it is in perfect condition, and ready for images and testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Phononic HEX 2.0 CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South