We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady-state is achieved at 7,000 seconds of preconditioning. Average steady-state workload performance at QD256 is approximately 208K IOPS.
An Email Server workload is a demanding 8K test with a 50 percent R/W distribution. This application gives a good indication of how well a drive will perform in a write heavy workload environment.
The competing drives in our test pool provide no competition at all. As we speculated, when writes are added into the mix, the 9100 MAX delivers best-in-class performance. Compared with the similarly configured XS1715 and XC100E5C, the 9100 MAX is delivering 120% more performance at QD256. Intel's DC P3700 takes second place at QD8-64, the DC P3608 at QD128-256.
Conclusion (TL;DR): Micron's 9100 MAX delivers best-in-class mixed workload performance, in fact; it's a whole new level of performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4