4K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady-state is achieved at 4,000 seconds of preconditioning. Average steady-state write performance at QD256 is approximately 310K IOPS.
With our configuration, we are able to exceed Micron's 4K random write factory specification of 300,000 IOPS at QD16-256. This is unprecedented pure 4K random write steady-state performance; double that of the next closest contender in our test pool. The XC100E5C delivers 4k random write performance that exactly matches that of Samsung's XS1715. The results of this test clearly display the malleable nature of Microsemi ASIC controlled SSDs through proprietary firmware, software optimizations and flash array configuration. The XS1715, XC100E5C, and 9100 MAX employ essentially the same controller.
The 9100 MAX trails the field slightly at QD8-32. Samsung's XS1715 leads the field from QD8-64. Intel's dual controller DC P3608 running in RAID 0 outperforms the competing drives in our test pool at QD128-256. It is worth noting that the DC P3608 occupies eight PCIe lanes. The 9100 MAX picks up steam at QD128, surpassing the XC100E5C; at QD256 the 9100 MAX surpasses the XS1715. At its peak performance (QD256), the DC P3700 trails the 9100 MAX by approximately 280K IOPS.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The 9100 MAX wows with its incredible pure 4K random write performance; crushing the competing drives in our test pool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni