Supermicro has made many changes to its UEFI over the past few years. Their original Z170 motherboard UEFI had a few bugs, but this revision is possibly one of their least buggy. If an overclock fails in Windows, the system won't clear all CMOS settings automatically which helps a lot. Hard drive BBS priorities are present, and the board easily detects all my drives. CSM settings are available for legacy OS operation. Load line calibration is also present, which makes overclocking simpler.
There is one caveat if you want to apply CPU multiplier changes you must reboot twice for them to take effect. Overall, I was happy with their BIOS, while there is room for improvement, the motherboard's UEFI is usable. The one big thing still missing is adequate fan controls, but their default profile is manageable.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $163 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro SuperO C7Z170-M (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £198 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-M Overview]
- Page 3 [SUPERMICRO C7Z170-M Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [SUPERMICRO C7Z170-M Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [The BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now