This is our new section for video card reviews, with DX12 and VR becoming a huge deal over the course of the last 12 months. We have just a handful of DX12 tests right now, so expect this section of the site and our reviews to grow considerably over the coming months.
The same goes for VR, where we have both the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive in house now. We will be testing VRMark for now, which is in Preview form, as well as our thoughts on VR gaming on the HTC Vive with the new GeForce GTX 1080 video card.
DirectX 12 Performance
For now, we've been testing Ashes of the Singularity and Hitman in DX12, but we will soon be using 3DMark's new Time Spy benchmark. Time Spy is the latest DX12 benchmark with some impressive visuals, and it'll be joining our GPU reviews very, very soon.
Overclocking Adventures - Surprising Results
I didn't expect to get much out of the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, as it only has a single 8-pin PCIe power connector, but I was pleasantly surprised with the overclock on the GP104 GPU. I was able to hit 2050MHz (or so) boost on the GPU, which is pretty damn impressive. It wasn't stable in everything, but I found a sweet spot at around 1980-2000MHz.
The additional performance was welcomed, as you can see in our 3DMark FireStrike benchmarks:
3DMark Fire Strike - 1080p
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 1440p
3DMark Fire Strike Ultra - 4K (3840x2160)
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming retails for $780 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming retails for £737 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni