290W Under Full Load, 350W Overclocked
I wasn't expecting any huge shifts in power consumption numbers on EVGA's GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 card, and I wasn't surprised with the results, either. The GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 card in our test bed had a total system power draw of around 290W, and while overclocked these numbers jumped to 350W.
40W more isn't too bad, as it's just over 10% - but the overclocked numbers are something you'll want to keep an eye on - especially if SLI was something you wanted to do. Two of these cards in SLI would have a total system draw of 700W+, so you're going to want a quality 850W or higher PSU with two in SLI.
Temperature & Noise
If there's something I love with these custom GeForce GTX 1080s, it's that they all perform so damn well, but the AIB partners have made the experience silent during load. EVGA has used its new ACX 3.0 cooler as its best asset on the GTX 1080 FTW GAMING 3.0 card, with it not only keeping the entire card nice and cool under heavy load but silent at the same time.
Sure, you can ramp up the fans in the fan profile and push a higher manual RPM speed, but there's no need - as the standard OC profiles on the card have finely tuned communication with the ACX 3.0 cooler to keep it cool enough without needing manual intervention. Cooling a video card is something EVGA excels at, and that's very welcomed with the GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni