128K Sequential Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 6,500 seconds, or 1.8 hours, receiving performance data every second. A sequential steady-state is achievable in a much shorter span of time than a random steady-state. We plot both MB/s and Latency. We plot MB/s using blue scatter and Latency using orange scatter. We observe that a single XC100E5C as well as the two-drive array both reach steady-state at 0 seconds of preconditioning, indicating that the previous 2x LBA fill phase achieved a sequential steady-state. The XC100E5C is performing well above its factory sequential write specification of 1400 MB/s. We observe a small number of outliers dropping below 1000 MB/s for the single drive and well below 2000 MB/s for the two-drive array.
Techman's XC100E5C handily outperforms Samsung's XS1715 across the board. We note very little variability from the XC100E5C at QD8-QD256. As we've seen so far in our testing, Intel's DC P3700 delivers better write performance than the XC100E5C. The DC P3608 delivers the second best performance of the bunch cranking out 1970 MB/s at QD16. However, the DC P3608 is greatly overshadowed by our two-drive XC100E5C array. At QD256, the two-drive array is 62% faster than the DC P3608.
The XC100E5C fares extremely well when workloads are sequential in nature. Again, the XC100E5C handily outperforms both Samsung's XS1715 and Intel's DC P3700. Intel's DC P3608 lead's our test pool at QD8-16. At queue depths of 64-256, the XC100E5C array outperforms the DC P3608 by over 1000 MB/s. We observe very good scaling from our two-drive XC100E5C array. The two-drive array delivers 97% scaling in comparison to a single XC100E5C.
Conclusion (TL;DR): Techman's XC100E5C handily outperforms Samsung's XS1715 with sequential read/write workloads. Intel's DC P3700 outperforms the XC100E5C with sequential write workloads but is soundly outperformed by the XC100E5C with sequential read workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse