Techman SSD is a relatively new company looking to penetrate enterprise and consumer SSD markets with high-quality, high-performance products that offer value that is a cut above the ordinary. Techman's design team includes experts in computer science, NAND flash technology, electronics design, validation, and quality assurance. Techman's mission statement is to "design and deliver SSD solutions with speed, security, and service for the data-exploding universe and to become the world's number one SSD solution provider". Techman is already a well-known brand in Asian markets and is looking to expand their reach worldwide.
Techman's XC100E5C Series SSDs leverage Microsemi's (formerly PMC) 16-core, 16-channel "Princeton" NVMe controller paired with Toshiba 15nm eMLC NAND flash and a 2-4GB DDR3 1600MHz DRAM cache. Microsemi's "Princeton" ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) controller is highly programmable allowing Techman's engineering team to customize features through software and firmware to meet the specific needs of their clientele. The XC100E5C Series NVMe SSDs are designed to meet the need for high-performance storage in today's datacenter. Techman's XC100E5C series SSDs utilize the power of the NVMe 1.1b software stack over a PCIe Gen3 x4 lane interface to deliver ultra-low latencies, by moving data closer to the CPU and reducing CPU overhead with a streamlined command stack. A single XC100E5C PCIe SSD can deliver the performance of up to ten SATA-based SSDs while at the same time reducing space requirements and operating costs.
Techman NVMe SSDs are engineered for today's high-speed computing environments such as OLTP, Analytics, HFT, and Cloud computing. The XC100E5C sports a hefty endurance rating of seven drive writes per day for five years, or 10.2PB for 800GB, 20.4PB for 1.6TB and 40.8TB for 3.2TB. The XC100E5C series employ a whole host of reliability and security measures including embedded XOR, Strong BCH ECC, Advanced NAND flash management, End-to-End Data Protection, Adaptive RAID Protection, Thermal Throttling, Power Loss Protection, Metadata and Firmware Protection, High Performance FTL, Global Wear-Leveling, TRIM, Garbage Collection, and a proprietary NVMe driver. Techman's proprietary driver is not required for the drive to run at factory specs, but it will provide superior performance and functionality when installed.
Techman's SSD toolbox is currently under construction. The toolbox used in conjunction with Techman's NVMe driver will facilitate useful functions such as thermal monitoring, self-health check, and many more drive management features.
Techman was kind enough to send over two 1.6TB XC100E5C HHHL Add-In-Card's for testing. Having two XC100E5C SSDs on hand affords us the opportunity to test a single disk as well as a RAID array. Techman, as well as ourselves, are interested in comparing the performance of a two-drive XC100E5C 1.6TB array to that of Intel's potent DC P3608 RAID capable dual controller SSD. We will be creating a Windows Server Storage Space RAID 0 array with a partition on the virtual volume for this testing. Usually, we test without a partition on the drive, and that is how we will be testing as a single drive. However, to test a two-drive software RAID array, we had to partition the volume for it to be recognized by Iometer. Introducing a partition into the mix also introduces Storage Spaces built-in write-caching which boosts overall performance significantly. This is the reason why; in many cases, the two-drive array will deliver more than double the performance of a single drive.
The Techman XC100E5C 1.6 TB HHHL AIC we have on the bench today sports the following hardware and steady-state performance specifications: 4K Random Read / Write = 750K/115K. Sequential Read / Write = 3200 / 1400 MB/s. Power consumption = 21W Active/ 8W idle. Controller = Microsemi 16-Channel ASIC NVMe controller. NAND = Toshiba 15nm eMLC. DRAM Cache = 2GB on the 1.6TB model. Onboard Power-loss Protection = Yes.
Techman backs the XC100E5C 1.6TB for five years or 20.4 Petabytes Written.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni