Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging for the DS916+ shares the same routine we have seen in the past for SMB samples. The box while rather plain houses a sticker detailing information about the NAS and its configuration.
The scope of delivery of this solution includes the power adapter, Ethernet cable, and set of screws for securing your drives.
The front of the NAS has that glossy bay cover we have all come to love while the right side houses all the LEDs and power button.
The backside of the NAS has two large cooling fans with the I/O panel down below. From left to right we have dual gigabit Ethernet with power below followed by a Kensington lock slot with eSATA and USB 3.0 below.
Internally, Synology units more often than not use a SAS backplane and as you can see here, the DS916+ is no different.
Drive trays pictured below, are made of 100% plastic. This eliminates drive rattles associated with metal trays while making tool-less installation easier.
With baked in support for the DX513, we thought there was no better opportunity to check out the expansion capabilities, so we had Synology send a unit over with the DS916+.
Included with the DX513 is a power cable, drive screws, and eSATA cable for connecting to the NAS.
The front of the unit shares its aesthetics with the DS1515+ and DS1815+. The power button is placed in the center with status and alert LEDs, while each tray has its own LED built-in for drive activity.
The back of the expansion unit houses two large cooling fans with a Kensington slot to the left with the power input.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DS916+ Four-Bay Consumer NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS916+ Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for $650 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS916+ Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for £499 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset