Full System = 250W Under Load!
With the additional 6-pin PCIe power connector, the MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G in our test system powered by an Intel Core i7-5960X processor, Corsair AX1500i PSU and more, consumed 250W. This is right in line with the 250W used by MSI's GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, and is one of the most efficient video cards I've ever tested - especially when it comes to price/performance ratio.
Temperature & Noise
One of the things I praised from the top of mountain peaks - well, from my keyboard at least - was the acoustic performance of MSI's GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G. Thanks to the new Twin Frozr VI cooler, it was completely silent during our 100% GPU loads. The same goes for the GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G, which is also silent under load - and barely hitting 67C while being thrown under the bus that is our benchmark suite.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [The First Custom GTX 1070 We've Tested]
- Page 2 [MSI's Twin Frozr VI Cooler, Custom PCB, and RGBs]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look & Specifications]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12 & OC Adventures]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature, & Noise]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now