Hardware & Documentation
The largest screws with the flat heads are used to install 3.5" drives, and are used in conjunction with the grommets pre-installed in those areas. The set of screws to the right of the HDD screws are used then for 2.5" drive installations. This leaves the four at the bottom, to mount the motherboard with.
In that same bag, we also found a set of four thumbscrews, to be used for installing a 5.25" device. Fractal sends us six cable ties, to help manage the wiring, and the hex-head screws are intended to be used when installing the PSU.
Outside of the chassis, there was a bag we found when opening the main packaging, and in it, we found these. There is the manual to guide you through the build and covers ever facet of it. To the right, in bright red, is an insert asking you to contact the manufacturer of there is a defect, while below is a pamphlet on the two-year warranty, as well as a product catalog.
Just in case we were not clear in our description of the cooling features, this section of the manual covers it well. In three images they cover fan locations, dust filter locations, and just what sort of water cooling support the CORE 500 delivers.
PRICING: You can find the Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to reveal next-gen Volta architecture at GTC 2017
- Volta-based GeForce cards coming in 2018 with 48GB GDDR6
- NVIDIA to refresh Pascal GPU architecture in 2017
- New 'Doctor Strange' trailer spends time with villain
- AMD brings Polaris to embedded, the last frontier
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now