Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis
The CORE 500 sports a similar bezel to the rest of the series. The center offers a single 5.25" bay cover, and the Fractal Design name at the bottom, of this vast expanse of brushed aluminum-like look with the texture, applied to the face of it. Off to either side, the bezel is angled, and venting is added, but in this instance, it is not actually functional.
At the top of the bezel, we find the front I/O panel. From left to right, we find the power and reset buttons, a tiny HDD Activity LED, the HD Audio jacks, and then we see the pair of USB 3.0 ports. None of which is connected to the bezel, it all stays on the chassis.
The top of the chassis offers small round holes, tightly oriented to provide ventilation for optional fan locations below it. We can also see that the top and both sides are one solid panel.
The left side of the chassis offers the same texture paint treatment we found at the top, but this time, the ventilation has been offset from the center of the panel. This is to correspond to the video cards placement inside so that it too can breathe easy.
Looking at the back of the chassis, we find four thumbscrews used to hold the tri-panel onto the frame of the chassis. We also see that 140mm fan takes up a lot of the room for ventilation, and below that we find the rear I/O area. Off to the left of it, we see the end of a PSU extension cable, and to the right is a pair of expansion slots.
The right side of the CORE 500 is more mundane, but we do still see more ventilation used on this side as well. It is shifted to the front this time and allows the front mounted PSU a way to blow the warmer air out of the chassis.
Under the chassis we see four round feet, pushed out to the corners as far as possible, to give it a secure footing. There is a PSU dust filter that slides out the front of the chassis, and we also see the hole in which to grip the bezel for removal.
PRICING: You can find the Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design