Clock for Clock: 3D and Gaming Benchmarks
Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark
GTA:V Benchmark 1080P
GTA:V Benchmark 720P
Ashes of Singularity Benchmark 1600x900
When we standardize the 5960X and 6950X, we are overclocking both CPUs, but standardizing the 6700K implies we are down-clocking it from its 4.2GHz Turbo bin.
In many benchmarks, we see the 5960X and 6950X head to head, and many times the margin of error of benchmark will result in the 5960X winning by a few points. It seems that in these benchmarks the system is GPU limited, and the CPU doesn't make much of an impact. In games such as GTA: V there are definite increases with the 10-core CPU, but in some other games, it is harder to see the benefit of the extra cores as they aren't optimized to scale up perfectly with more and more cores.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The 6950X and New Features]
- Page 3 [Broadwell-E Memory and Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime, SuperPI, and ScienceMark]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: AIDA64 EE and HandBrake]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Performance: 3D and Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Clock for Clock: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime, SuperPI, and ScienceMark]
- Page 8 [Clock for Clock: AIDA64 EE and HandBrake]
- Page 9 [Clock for Clock: 3D and Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Turbo Mode 3.0, Overclocking, and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 to feature squeezable frame - Active Edge
- Tencent didn't invest in PUBG studio Bluehole
- Galaxy Note8 will be the first Note with 6GB of RAM
- Amazon Instant Pickup has orders ready in two minutes
- The future of Faraday Future looks clearer
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS 626X 10Gbe NAS Review
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes
- ASUS announces DSL-AC88U router
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online exceeds 10 million players worldwide