Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center
In the standalone version, this is the LAPDOG, fresh out of the box. What we find is that the majority of the top is exposed black brushed aluminum, and what is not exposed aluminum is all the room to the right for a mouse. The opening is big enough for a TLK keyboard as it sits, but this also fits 104-key designs as well.
The right end of the LAPDOG is where the external pair of USB 3.0 ports are found, near the back of the control center. The left side is identical to this, sans the ports. But both offer a shiny plastic insert inside of the textured plastic surrounding them.
As we round the corner to the back of the LAPDOG, we find the 12V input to power the USB 3.0 hub, a tiny LED lit power indicator, and the single USB 3.0 port that connects to the PC via the supplied cable.
Along the back, Corsair dressed it up for anyone else that is in the room. Although you do not see this as the user, the chromed Corsair logo and trapezoidal design along this side, do at least dress things up.
Under the LAPDOG, we find a vast expanse of textured black plastic, into which, six magnets have been inset. There are no feet or anything rubberized, so we strongly advise the use of the lap pad in conjunction with this.
The lap pad offers a textured plastic frame with matching magnets on the side we cannot see. The padded area is made of memory foam, and it is contoured to fit between your legs, as well as being angled to keep the LAPDOG as flat as possible. This pad is cloth covered, and that along does offer some grip against your clothing.
To continue with the LAPDOG and installation of a keyboard and mouse, you will need to flip over the lap pad, and in the center, you will find this Allen screwdriver clipped into it. This is what will allow you to remove the various panels, and get your gear installed in just a few minutes' time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now