The GeForce GTX 1070 Breaks New Ice
The GeForce GTX 1080 only uses 230W of power, so I expected slightly less with the GTX 1070 - which hit 215W. The card pushes much more when overclocked however, with around 275W of power consumption across our entire Core i7-5960X system. On its own, the GTX 1070 FE has a TDP of 150W.
We've included our overclocked numbers on the GTX 1070 FE in the chart, too.
Temperature & Noise
After running all of our benchmarks with our overclocked GTX 1070 at +200MHz and +100MHz on the VRAM, we finished with Heaven so that the card was truly beaten down. After a few runs of Heaven, the GTX 1070 stabilized at 82C, which is not too bad at all considering the overclock on the GPU, which was clocked to 2GHz at this point (from 1768MHz Boost).
As for the noise, I let the GTX 1070 decide its own fate when it comes to fan speed, and never noticed the card ramping up to annoying levels. The fan would spin up during load, but it was never enough that I paid attention to it, or made a note of it. This applies to both the stock testing when we were benchmarking, and our overclocked testing - the GTX 1070 really is a quiet card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [16nm FinFET, But No GDDR5X - And That's Fine]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look & Specifications]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12, VR & OC Adventures]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature & Noise]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni