The GeForce GTX 1070 Breaks New Ice
The GeForce GTX 1080 only uses 230W of power, so I expected slightly less with the GTX 1070 - which hit 215W. The card pushes much more when overclocked however, with around 275W of power consumption across our entire Core i7-5960X system. On its own, the GTX 1070 FE has a TDP of 150W.
We've included our overclocked numbers on the GTX 1070 FE in the chart, too.
Temperature & Noise
After running all of our benchmarks with our overclocked GTX 1070 at +200MHz and +100MHz on the VRAM, we finished with Heaven so that the card was truly beaten down. After a few runs of Heaven, the GTX 1070 stabilized at 82C, which is not too bad at all considering the overclock on the GPU, which was clocked to 2GHz at this point (from 1768MHz Boost).
As for the noise, I let the GTX 1070 decide its own fate when it comes to fan speed, and never noticed the card ramping up to annoying levels. The fan would spin up during load, but it was never enough that I paid attention to it, or made a note of it. This applies to both the stock testing when we were benchmarking, and our overclocked testing - the GTX 1070 really is a quiet card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [16nm FinFET, But No GDDR5X - And That's Fine]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look & Specifications]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12, VR & OC Adventures]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature & Noise]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse