Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Premium - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Klevv CRAS 16GB (4x4) DDR4 3000 - Read our review
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Secondary Storage: Intel 750 400GB U.2 SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Thermaltake P5 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200 - Buy from Amazon
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
To set up ADM on the 3204T, we start with the Control Center app from ASUSTOR. Here it searches the network for NAS units.
Moving on, we hit the setup wizard that will guide you through the process of installing the firmware and setting up the disks and any services you want to use.
In this setup routine, you have a choice of what type of array you would like to run; the AS3204T supports JBOD along with RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10.
The desktop area in ADM is rather clean and organized with all icons in the center of the screen.
Starting with Access Control, we have the ability to setup users and groups along with shared folders and even assign privileges on an application level.
Activity monitor is just that, monitors the CPU, Disk and Memory usage of the NAS.
App Central is the library of programs that can run on the 3204T. Of course, Plex is one of the most downloaded solutions, along with download center and uTorrent.
Backup and restore is everything you need to maintain archived backups of your NAS locally or on the cloud.
Above, we have a list of file services that come embedded with ADM.
Lastly, we have storage manager that gives you access to configuring your volumes along with iSCSI features.
PRICING: You can find the ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for $397 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for £400 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications