SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD
The bottom of the drive's all-black enclosure is formed from sheet aluminum. A basic looking manufacturer's label covers most of this side of the enclosure as well as the four screws that hold the enclosure together.
The back half of the drive's enclosure is formed from plastic and features a manufacturer's label listing the particulars of the drive.
Cracking the enclosure open reveals the blank half of the drive's blue PCB.
Pulling the PCB shows that all the of the drive's major components make contact with a thermal sheet that is affixed to the aluminum half of the enclosure.
All of the components are located on this half of the drive's PCB.
This half of the PCB is devoid of components.
A detailed view of the Marvell 4-channel 88SS1074 controller that powers the X400.
A detailed view of one of the eight SanDisk 64GB 15nm BGA flash packages that populate the PCB.
A detailed view of one of the drive's two Micron 512MB DDR3 1600MHz BGA DRAM cache packages.
PRICING: You can find the SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD retails for $229 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD retails for £213 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now