Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
To test Thunderbolt solutions, I use a Late 2013 MacBook Pro Model A1502 with an i5 4258U, 8GB of memory and a 512GB m.2 SSD. Benchmarks consist of AJA System Test and Blackmagic Disk Speed Test.
Setup of the 8big starts with the RAID manager. With the introduction of El Capitan, there is no way to configure a simple RAID outside of using Terminal; having the included software makes everything much easier.
Opening up the RAID manager, everything has completely changed since I reviewed the 5big nearly three years ago. As you can see to the left is a large tree diagram that includes the adapter at the base which is followed by physical volumes and virtual disks.
To create an array, we slide to the right side and the operation gives us a drop-down menu.
We then can choose which disks we want to include, select the RAID mode at the bottom along with stripe size.
PRICING: You can find the LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rackmount 8-Bay Rack for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The X retails for $1599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The X retails for £1311 at Amazon UK.
Canada: The X retails for $2683 CAD at Amazon Canada.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [8big Rack Thunderbolt 2 Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel