- Expansion Layout
The MSI K7T Turbo-R's layout somewhat resembles the earlier K7T motherboards, using the same 1/6/1 (AGP/PCI/CNR) expansion layout like the K7T Pro, Pro2 and Pro 2A, MSI hasn't decided to change expansion layout options from older models. The inclusion of a CNR is quite unnecessary considering that this board will be targeted at the overclocking community which shuns the inclusion of CNR as it serves no practical purpose for the hardcore user who want to get the most out of their CPU rather than use up precious CPU cycles to run at best entry level expansion cards
- AGP Retention Mechanism
We first saw this AGP retention mechanism on Gigabyte motherboards and MSI have also included this handy little gadget. This AGP retention mechanism locks the AGP card into the AGP slot making it impossible for the AGP card to slip out of the socket. This is a very good feature for the hardcore gamers who are taking their PC's to LAN days and other events, this way your AGP card will stay in its slot so you don't have to worry about opening your PC and having to push the card back into the slot.
- VT8363A Northbridge
Utilizing VIA's new KT133A chipset or as its technically called VT8363A. This new chipset is based on the same features and architecture as the KT133 chipset, the only difference is that this chipset supports officially the new 133Mhz DDR FSB. That means that this chip is fully compatible with AMD's new 266MHz FSB Athlon CPU and possibly the upcoming Palomino and Morgan CPU's coming from AMD. MSI have once again have elected to place this chip on a 45 degree angle. MSI and VIA state that this is to reduce trace length and in turn reduces the amount of bus noise. There is some debate if this is true or that is MSI and others are wanting to make the board look more stylish, we have no opinion on this, as long as the board works we are happy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- Halloween Sale: Under $7 for Evil Within & Mad Max
- ZOTAC's new mini PC packs full-sized GeForce GTX 1080
- Brand new Intel Kaby Lake HP laptops, up to $510 Off
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards