Now that we know all about the router and its many features, we can take a gander at its performance. In my testing, I started with the router's LAN to LAN throughput, and it came out quite good at 937 Mbps.
WAN to LAN came in at 911 Mbps, slightly quicker than the C2600 and G10, which share the underlying platform.
Moving to wireless throughput, the TRENDnet firmware doesn't allow you to manage the 20 and 40MHz band separately, so performance is testing in 20/40 mode. As you can see above, the 2.4GHz band wasn't kind to my testing as I was only able to reach a peak of 78 Mbps. This is most likely due to me using a Broadcom chipset.
Swapping over to 5GHz, performance picked up quite a bit with the 827DRU reaching 159 Mbps and 300 Mbps on the 20 and 40MHz bands, and 446 Mbps on the 80MHz band.
In our Multi-User test, we use three identical smartphones with the latest MU-MIMO chipset. This test requires the router to handle three simultaneous throughput streams with the results below for each band.
The 2.4GHz band was able to produce a rather tight throughput pattern in testing, with just one device falling off for a second. Throughput across all devices were around 42 to 56 Mbps.
5GHz performance was all over the place, but we do see two devices staying quite close together. Throughput on the 5GHz band stayed around 92 to 108 Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the TRENDnet TEW-827DRU AC2600 StreamBoost MU-MIMO Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Deep Silver will publish Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- How you can reel in high pay as a software tester
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now