VIA and the EPIA platform has come an extremely long way in the short life span it has had. VIA has put a lot of effort into the VIA C3 line of CPU, and with every generation of CPU and chipset to support, the overall package is becoming a much more attractive Home Theatre PC and PC on the go option.
The C3 with its low power consumption, ability to run passively cooled and with new hardware acceleration to take the burden off the already strained CPU now starting to be integrated into the Northbridge, it's extremely possible to run any movie or audio stream now on the EPIA platform without the threat of lag.
Overall the EPIA SP platform has all that you will need for the Home Theatre PC and even for a car based PC. The addition of MEPG-4 acceleration takes care of the very high CPU usage that the EPIA's in the past have suffered.
All in one with CPU
Hardware MPEG-2 Decoding
Hardware MPEG-4 Acceleration
Can be passively cooled for silent operation
Support for Digital add-on LVDS modules
No onboard TV Tuner
Lacks new PCI-E support
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 4 [The Motherboard Continued]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 5 [Chipsets and Connectivity]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - CPU Utilisation with MPEG Playback]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis