VIA and the EPIA platform has come an extremely long way in the short life span it has had. VIA has put a lot of effort into the VIA C3 line of CPU, and with every generation of CPU and chipset to support, the overall package is becoming a much more attractive Home Theatre PC and PC on the go option.
The C3 with its low power consumption, ability to run passively cooled and with new hardware acceleration to take the burden off the already strained CPU now starting to be integrated into the Northbridge, it's extremely possible to run any movie or audio stream now on the EPIA platform without the threat of lag.
Overall the EPIA SP platform has all that you will need for the Home Theatre PC and even for a car based PC. The addition of MEPG-4 acceleration takes care of the very high CPU usage that the EPIA's in the past have suffered.
All in one with CPU
Hardware MPEG-2 Decoding
Hardware MPEG-4 Acceleration
Can be passively cooled for silent operation
Support for Digital add-on LVDS modules
No onboard TV Tuner
Lacks new PCI-E support
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 4 [The Motherboard Continued]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 5 [Chipsets and Connectivity]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - CPU Utilisation with MPEG Playback]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Samsung reportedly working on higher-end 'Odyssey' VR headset
- Pokemon GO developer asks gamers to stop requesting PokeStops and gyms
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- H110M-HDV bricked after internet flash
- Bad PSU, now bad motherboard?
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard