VIA and the EPIA platform has come an extremely long way in the short life span it has had. VIA has put a lot of effort into the VIA C3 line of CPU, and with every generation of CPU and chipset to support, the overall package is becoming a much more attractive Home Theatre PC and PC on the go option.
The C3 with its low power consumption, ability to run passively cooled and with new hardware acceleration to take the burden off the already strained CPU now starting to be integrated into the Northbridge, it's extremely possible to run any movie or audio stream now on the EPIA platform without the threat of lag.
Overall the EPIA SP platform has all that you will need for the Home Theatre PC and even for a car based PC. The addition of MEPG-4 acceleration takes care of the very high CPU usage that the EPIA's in the past have suffered.
All in one with CPU
Hardware MPEG-2 Decoding
Hardware MPEG-4 Acceleration
Can be passively cooled for silent operation
Support for Digital add-on LVDS modules
No onboard TV Tuner
Lacks new PCI-E support
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 4 [The Motherboard Continued]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 5 [Chipsets and Connectivity]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - CPU Utilisation with MPEG Playback]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South