Mini-ITX over the last two years have been the ultimate baby of the VIA Embedded team known as VIA VPSD or VIA Platform Services Division. The VPSD team originally was put together back when VIA released the P4X series chipsets. Due to legal issues between VIA and Intel over licensing agreements of the Pentium 4 Netburst bus architecture, no one in the real world of PC manufacturing was willing to take on the wrath of Intel by releasing P4X chipset based motherboard. VIA, in order to sell its embargoed chipset put together the VPSD in order to produce its own motherboards.
When the embargo's were lifted and VIA was able to convince its OEM's to start using its chipsets the VPSD was using, this area looked certain for closure, however VIA wasn't going to let this happen. At about the same time, VIA had acquired the manufacturing plants of Cyrix from National Semiconductor as well as the engineering teams of Centaur halls, who are better known for the IDT Winchip. VIA already had its Cyrix III and C3 CPU's into the market, but now it was time to look at a fully integrated package that not only was cheap, but able to be ultra compact, power efficient and powerful enough to run the day to day tasks of office productivity as well as integration into the home environment.
Mini-ITX was thus born from VIA under the EPIA brand. Designed to be the ultimate in small form factor all in one designs, VIA has got a winner for itself in terms of the HTPC market, as well as the enthusiast car modders who wants to incorporate a PC into their automobiles.
Today we take a look at the latest in the VIA EPIA series based on the latest processors and chipsets to come from the VIA labs. Today we take a close look at the EPIA SP 1300 Mini-ITX motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 4 [The Motherboard Continued]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 5 [Chipsets and Connectivity]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - CPU Utilisation with MPEG Playback]
- VIA EPIA SP 1300 - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20