A Closer Look
While the large 5.5-inch 4K UHD screen is vibrant, colorful, smooth, and crisp, the trance it puts you in is often crashed back to reality by the clunky size, shape, and nature of this product.
With the touch sensor activated power button being located on the side, Sony has done an excellent job of making this model look sleek and simplistic, opting to have the volume and optional camera buttons created as low profile black additions, allowing for a sexy and smooth design.
The back of the phone attracts quite a lot of fingerprints, however, with me constantly wiping it off on my pants after short use. It's something that looks brilliant on display, but fails when in constant use.
The bottom houses a single micro-USB charging and data port alongside the loop handle for accessories or as a mounting place for a carrying strap.
Crisp and Luscious 4K Display
While 4K is still quite expensive and hardware taxing for the PC scene, how does it perform on a mobile?
The 5.5-inch 4K UHD 3840x2160 resolution screen operates with a massive 806 PPI rating, with the previously-mentioned dynamic contrast enhancer helping almost all situations look great for general consumers. However, if you're really into photo editing and having your vibrant display show you what the true nature is of everything rather than a processed model, this may disappoint you.
The crisp quality of video playback is where this model shines. The 4K display comes to life with UHD video streaming that doesn't stutter thanks to the use of its Snapdragon CPU and combined GPU, but beware of your data allowance or home Wi-Fi speeds, as it is going to tax your infrastructure. As long as you have the download capacity and bandwidth to do so, videos are always going to look beautiful on this device, seeing every detail in a smooth and a gorgeous way.
Comparing it to previous models, the Sony Xperia Z3 included a 5.2-inch full HD 1080p display, while the Samsung S6 Edge and S7 Edge contain Super AMOLED screens that measure in at 5.1-inch QHD 1440p and 5.5-inch 1440p QHD, respectively. Further comparison brings me to the iPhone 6s Plus with a 5.5-inch 1080p display, showing that all four of these models provide similar specifications, but in the end, fall well short of the Z5.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair