Patriot may not have been the first RAM manufacturer to hit the market with peripherals, but they sure did come out guns blazing when they got around to it. The functionality as a basic keyboard is on point, the lighting is very bright, and with plenty of modes and colors to choose from, there is no chance of getting bored of the lighting options anytime soon.
We also liked that we got plenty of multi-functional options on a standard 104-key layout, rather than having to add bulkiness and extra keys to the design. The open design is also great in two ways. For one, it floods the top plate with lighting, and for the second, you can just tilt and shake the keyboard to clean it. While we do feel that we have seen this design before as well, we could not pin it down to a specific sample. However, we do not want to take away credit, where credit is due. Even if we had seen this basic design and style of the keyboard before, it did not come with the options and feature set of this Viper V760.
Taking things to a deeper level, while brown switches are not our favorite, and we do wish they offered the gamut of switch options, there are plenty of users out there that will appreciate the smooth action and silence of these Kailh switches. We had no issues with the anti-ghosting or NKRO support, every key pressed is noted. Even over the long haul, we noticed no vibrations, and this three-piece frame design makes for a solid and rigid device. Then, of course, you get the pass-through port on the back, the feet flip out to the side for added stability, and we haven't even considered the software in all of this. Once that is installed, the gates are wide open for full control and customization. Everything a gamer can want is found in the software suite - Macros, remapping, customizable lights and a plethora of patterns - the list just goes on and on.
With fair availability at this time, the Viper V760 does stand out from the masses of other solutions. It isn't just an ordinary keyboard with a closed off and square frame. This keyboard is clean looking, offers a highly reflective aluminum top to expand the glow of the LEDs, the frame is thin and leaves the switches exposed, even the quality inside of the keyboard is top notch. While many other solutions in this field, with similar feature sets, will set you back much closer to $150, if you act fast, you can get this V760 for a terrific price.
For $99.99, we are hard pressed to come up with another solution that matches in layout, style, and features. So while it seems that Patriot is a little late to the mass introduction of memory manufacturers entering the peripherals market, they show that they know what they are doing, and delivered the Viper V760 mechanical gaming keyboard with all the bells and whistles, without the typically associated cost of such products.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||97%|
|Bundle and Packaging||96%|
|Value for Money||99%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||98%|
The Bottom Line: It is hard to deny Patriot their dues in this design! Feature rich, solid construction, easy to use software, and on top of all of that, the Viper V760 in all its glory can be had for less than $100.
PRICING: You can find the Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard retails for £80 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Viper V760 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD