Inside the V760
Removing a few of the key caps, we see a few things to mention. These are indeed Kailh brown switches, first and foremost. On top of that, we see that they have extended the LED housing to either side instead of just the standard bulb being exposed. We also see one of the many screws in the aluminum plate, which holds this keyboard together.
The caps are molded in white and painted black to hide the LED except in the legends and iconography. We also see that the torsion bars are exposed, mainly because this type of design leaves nothing on top to hide much under.
Once the screws are removed, the top plate and switches come off, and you are left with this trim ring and bottom frame member of the rest of the keyboard. The bottom has ridges to support the PCB inside and helps keep this board from vibrating when used.
Picking a random spot on the PCB to check for flux residue or anything funky, we find that the V760 is delivered in top notch condition. We could find nothing but well-done solder points, with no signed of flux found anywhere.
Typically, we would go into fine detail here about the MCU, what it is, and what it offers. Patriot has impeded this though as they used black paint in QC testing which obscures our view. If we had to guess, we would assume this is a 32-bit processor, considering the features offered with this V760 keyboard.
The lights in the booth do drown out the LEDs a fair bit, but the keyboard is powered and in Wave mode currently. We also clipped the palm rest to the internal magnets on the keyboard, so that you can see just what the Viper V760 looks like, as you would see it in use on your desk.
PRICING: You can find the Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard retails for £80 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Viper V760 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now