Patriot Viper V560 Laser Gaming Mouse
The left side of the V560 offers a rubberized grip covering the majority of the mouse here and provides grooves to ensure your grip even more. At the front, we see a power LED followed by four sections to denote the DPI level. At the top, in red, are the forward and back buttons, and at the bottom is a slider to select the DPI level.
From the back of the V560, we can see two things. Most obvious is the red Viper logo that is offset to the right of the ridge line. The second fact is that this mouse is designed heavily for right-hand users. The left side is cut away for your thumb, and the mouse tilts to the right for an ergonomic grip with the rest of your hand.
The right side of the V560 comes with the smooth grip section installed and is the same as our optional panel offered in the packaging. The side panel has a rubberized paint applied, and of course, is removable not only to be swapped with the grooved side grip, but it also offers access to the weighting system.
From the front we find the cable emanating from the center, keeping in line with the bits on top. There we see a four-way scroll wheel with tilt, and behind that wheel are the Lift Off Distance buttons. There are ten buttons in total, but the left click button is not reprogrammable.
Using a big red button under the mouse, the right side panel will pop-out for removal. The groove at the bottom holds the tab for it, and the red round tab is what presses the grip out of the mouse for you. Above that we see a clear tray with the word "weight" on it, and just to the left of it is a tiny button with an arrow on it to pop open the tray.
The tray will then pop out about half of an inch, and you can then slide it out to install the optional weights found in the tin. Inside of the tray is a rubber insert that holds the weights and is designed to allow for offset weighting.
The cable that comes with the V560 is braided red and black and is 1.8 meters in length. We find the cable to be bundled with a Velcro strap, it has an inline choke to reduce noise and terminates in an ordinary looking, black, USB 2.0 connection, which has been gold plated.
Under the Viper V560, we can see just how offset the design is. Not only is the top ergonomic, but this entire mouse is also offset, giving the best angle for use without fatigue. The sensor is offset to allow room for the large red button to remove the side panel, and in five locations we see the use of round ceramic feet.
PRICING: You can find the Patriot Viper V560 Laser Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V560 Laser Gaming Mouse retails for $30 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V560 Laser Gaming Mouse retails for £29 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design