The VRM on this motherboard provides power to the VCC (VCore), VCCIO, and VCCSA. The three phases are dedicated to the CPU VCore. The capacitors are 5K, which is the standard in the industry. This VRM isn't as robust as most others I have encountered, but it should be enough to get the job done since there is no overclocking support and the Xeons have lower TDPs than their Core i5 and i7 counterparts.
The X150M-Plus WS uses an Intersil ISL95858 Hybrid-Green PWM, which supports a 3+2 phase output with two integrated drivers on the first 3 phases. The latter 2 phases are not being used in this implementation. Instead, the IVMP8 PWM is used as a 3-phase PWM. To provide the third phase, an Intersil ISL6625 is used on the furthest phase.
The high and low-side MOSFETs are from ON Semiconductor and in the PowerPAK package. The low-side MOSFET for each phase is the NTTFS4C06N and the high-side MOSFET for each phase is an NTTFS4C10N. The VCCSA and VCCIO are powered by a linear regulator located below the CPU socket.
The memory VR is a single phase which uses ON Semiconductor NTTFS4C06N for both the high-side and low-side MOSFETs.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard retails for $160 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard retails for £96 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017