Packaging and Overview
The box of the motherboard is quite fancy; it has the same camouflage theme as the motherboard. Packaging is very simple, and the board is well protected.
The accessory package is simple; 2x SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, driver DVD, and manual.
The GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS has only two fan headers circled in red. The white header is labeled CPU_FAN and it is a 4-pin PWM capable header, the black header is labeled SYS_FAN and it is a 4-pin voltage mode header which can also control a PWM fan. The headers can be controlled through the BIOS through basic profiles and some customization. GIGABYTE always defended their fan control as being "easy to configure", and in this product, "easy to configure" is the main selling point.
The motherboard layout is typical of many mATX motherboards, but the 16x slot has been moved down so that there is plenty of clearance to install and remove both a CPU cooler and DRAM modules without removing the video card. The aesthetics are a nice touch, but not necessary. The tan color of the slots matches that of the PCH heat sink. The audio section has been upgraded a bit, and LEDs illuminate the PCB divide.
The IO panel on the X150M-Plus WS carries four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, 1Gbit NIC port, and three audio jacks (green = headphone, pink = mic, blue = line in).
The X150M-Plus WS has a very simple PCI-E layout. The first PCI-E 16x slot is directly routed to the CPU. The two PCI-E 1x slots are wired to the PCH. All PCI-E bandwidth runs at 8Gb/s (PCI-E 3.0). The CMOS battery is situated below the 16x slot, which is an odd location considering you are required to use a dedicated video card because the chipset doesn't support iGPUs.
Along the right edge of the motherboard are the 24-pin power connector, a USB 3.0 internal header, and six SATA 6Gb/s ports. All these ports are located above the 16x slot and are easily reached even with a full-sized PCI-E video card installed.
The motherboard case headers are located in the lower right corner of the motherboard, and two USB 2.0 headers are located along the bottom edge.
The audio header is located on the far left of the motherboard. Adjacent to the audio header is the COM header, and TPM header is nearby.
The only heat sink on the motherboard cools the PCH and is held down by pushpins.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard retails for $160 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard retails for £96 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse