Temperature and Power Consumption
Power consumption at idle is a little lower than the previous generation while at 100% load it is a bit higher. The BRIX versions are using mobile parts in an environment which maximizes performance over power usage since the unit is always plugged in and not dependent on the battery.
The new Skylake CPUs have low and high-end configurable TDPs as well which allows them to work at much lower and higher power levels depending on individual device implementation.
Front of Unit at Idle (on left) and Load (on right).
The rear of Unit at Idle (on left) and Load (on right).
The unit runs very cool at idle and quite warm at load. Overall the unit never got too hot to touch, and it's obviously designed to handle the heat. I didn't encounter thermal throttling.
I also added a 3D printed object behind the exhaust to see how far the heat traveled from the blower fan. While the blower was audible during full blown synthetic load (unnatural conditions), it was never loud enough to cause much strain on my ears.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE BRIX Skylake BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE BRIX Skylake BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC retails for $530 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE BRIX Skylake BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC retails for £440 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 has 21 million users, eSports mode coming
- Capcom misses sales targets for its major games
- Accept your Fate in our 'Fast & Furious' giveaway
- Battlegrounds creator doesn't consider himself a gamer
- EA: AR is 'more interesting', VR isn't ready just yet
- Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo Review
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers