Temperature and Power Consumption
Power consumption at idle is a little lower than the previous generation while at 100% load it is a bit higher. The BRIX versions are using mobile parts in an environment which maximizes performance over power usage since the unit is always plugged in and not dependent on the battery.
The new Skylake CPUs have low and high-end configurable TDPs as well which allows them to work at much lower and higher power levels depending on individual device implementation.
Front of Unit at Idle (on left) and Load (on right).
The rear of Unit at Idle (on left) and Load (on right).
The unit runs very cool at idle and quite warm at load. Overall the unit never got too hot to touch, and it's obviously designed to handle the heat. I didn't encounter thermal throttling.
I also added a 3D printed object behind the exhaust to see how far the heat traveled from the blower fan. While the blower was audible during full blown synthetic load (unnatural conditions), it was never loud enough to cause much strain on my ears.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE BRIX Skylake BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE BRIX Skylake BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC retails for $530 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE BRIX Skylake BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC retails for £440 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017