Benchmarking the Internal Storage
Internally we have two drives for storage with the oft-used strategy of placing the OS and important programs on one drive and keeping everything else stored on another. This can help make the experience much speedier, even when looking to load games from the not-so-fast storage drive. The OS drive is a 128GB Samsung OEM unit that's NVMe compliant while the storage drive is a mechanical 1TB unit provided by Hitachi.
We might be spoiled by the speediness of the NVMe enabled M.2 drives, but that Hitachi mechanical HDD is still quite swift given its mechanical limitations. Like all of Samsung's forays into the solid state business, this too is quite fast.
Benchmarking the External Thunderbolt/USB Storage
It's exciting to see USB 3.1 Type-C make more of an appearance on more systems as of late. It has the potential to become a well-regarded standard just by the universal way in which you can plug things in, not the least bit because of the actual speed advantages the new port has. To test external file transfers, I took 8.81GB of 207 mixed files that are on a USB 3.0 enabled external SSD and transferred them, noting the average speed it was able to maintain throughout the full transfer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's foldable smartphone to launch before the Note8
- Destiny 2 screenshots revealed
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software