A 61.25Wh battery can potentially store a lot of energy in it, and in this case, it does. But there's also a lot of stuff inside that you have to power, too. Skylake is pretty power-efficient on its own with NVIDIA's Optimus.
Battery Life – How Long Can it Last?
For battery life testing, I wrote a custom script in Python (2.6) that automatically browses through the Internet until it dies, writing time codes to a log until it finally goes kaput. The sites repeat through a range of 10 different sites with a mixture of animation and flash heavy sites to actually task the battery. Facebook is thrown in as well for a little realism because, let's face it, that's what a lot of people do in their off time, right? Maybe not, but it seems to use a few CPU cycles to run, and is rather popular, so has been added in. Brightness was fixed at 100 nits.
The GIGABYTE P34W v5 lasted a decent amount during light usage, going strong for around 5.5 hours while editing offline documents while connected to the Internet though that's less scientific. During the actual test, we saw battery life around 4 hours and 15 minutes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design