A 61.25Wh battery can potentially store a lot of energy in it, and in this case, it does. But there's also a lot of stuff inside that you have to power, too. Skylake is pretty power-efficient on its own with NVIDIA's Optimus.
Battery Life – How Long Can it Last?
For battery life testing, I wrote a custom script in Python (2.6) that automatically browses through the Internet until it dies, writing time codes to a log until it finally goes kaput. The sites repeat through a range of 10 different sites with a mixture of animation and flash heavy sites to actually task the battery. Facebook is thrown in as well for a little realism because, let's face it, that's what a lot of people do in their off time, right? Maybe not, but it seems to use a few CPU cycles to run, and is rather popular, so has been added in. Brightness was fixed at 100 nits.
The GIGABYTE P34W v5 lasted a decent amount during light usage, going strong for around 5.5 hours while editing offline documents while connected to the Internet though that's less scientific. During the actual test, we saw battery life around 4 hours and 15 minutes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp to launch new high-end TV brand in US
- Musk says Zuckerberg has limited understanding of AI
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology