Tyler's Router Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
ASUS like many vendors uses a setup wizard to guide you through. It has the option of manual or automatic setup as you can see above.
Following the automated guide, we enter our preferred username and password.
We then set up our wireless SSIDs and passwords to our liking.
Following a brief firmware update procedure, we are ready to go.
The landing menu for the AC88U is quite similar as I remember the 87U I tested a few years back. Here we have a status menu to the right and client list at the bottom. To the left, we have a full range of options for managing the router.
AiProtection encompasses both parental controls and network protection powered by Trend Micro.
Adaptive QoS has always been one of the strong points for ASUS routers and as you can see it's a little more in depth than I remember with the AC87U. At the top, we have meters for up and download speed with devices listed below.
GameBoost is a new technology ASUS is deploying with the 88U as it enables a private network to optimize your packets.
USB functionality, in my eyes, has always been an ASUS strong suit. As you can see, they have enabled quite a bit of functionality with this solution including Storage with AiDisk, Media Services such as iTunes and Network Print Server.
AiCloud is a cloud service that included Cloud disk along with smart access to the router.
The AC88U has a few modes of operation including router, access point, and bridge mode.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS RT-AC88U AC3100 Extreme Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS RT-AC88U AC3100 Extreme Wireless Router retails for $300 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS RT-AC88U AC3100 Extreme Wireless Router retails for £299 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017